9:15 AM-Sunday School. Adult class and children’s class.
10:30 AM-Worship Service.
- Parking can be found on the street in front of the building or on any of the streets nearby.
- Adult Sunday School Class is held in the Fireside Room (upstairs, far left).
- The Worship Service is held in the sanctuary.
- Children’s Sunday School, Children’s Church, and Nursery are held in the classrooms downstairs.
- Coffee and snacks are available in the Fireside Room, please arrive before 9:15 if you plan to get a drink or snack.
- We are fairly diverse in our dress. Business casual is common on Sunday mornings. You will also find suits and ties, dresses and high heels, T-shirts, jeans, and flip-flops.
- All we ask is that you dress respectfully. We want those formally dressed as well as those casually dressed to feel at home.
The Worship Service
- Expect a Godward, Christ-exalting, Scripture-saturated, prayer-infused focus. Our worship services are not designed to entertain. They are not choreographed performances. They are purposefully structured to focus attention upon the greatness and goodness of the triune God.
- Anticipate thoughtful prayers, substantive congregational singing and reading of Scripture, and a well-prepared sermon that carefully unpacks the meaning of a passage or topic from the Bible and its application to our daily lives.
- You are encouraged to bring your Bible. We most commonly use the ESV and HCSB versions. ESV Bibles are provided in the pews.
- We have a lot to sing about and will do a fair amount of it. You will not be overwhelmed by professional instrumentation. We purposefully emphasize the singing of the gathered church.
- Nursery care is provided, and children’s are dismissed for Children’s Church during the sermon (ages 4-6). We encourage the participation of older children in our worship service as a vital aspect of their spiritual growth.
- The service will usually conclude by 11:45, but we are not enslaved to the clock. We are careful not to waste time, but our services are unhurried. The elements of a given service and the nature of the biblical text considered in the sermon are of first concern.
- Coffee and snacks are available in the Fireside Room, please arrive before 10:30 if you plan to get a drink or snack.
Thursday Small Group Meeting*
6:30 PM-Food & Fellowship.
7:00 PM-Discussion & Prayer.
*Small Group is from September through May. In the summer, we do a combination of cookouts, park nights, and bonfires.
- This weekly gathering is structured for the church to actively build itself up in the faith in a relaxed, conversational manner.
- We gather for a time of food and fellowship at 6:30 followed by a time of conversational reflection on the teachings of the week and prayer at 7:00. We usually conclude by 8:30.
- During discussion and prayer, nursery and children’s care is provided. Older children are encouraged to join the discussion and prayer time.
- Many Thursday meetings are offsite. Please ask for details as location changes based on time of year.